technology products, household products, furniture design, transportation, fashion products, graphic products
graphic tips communication graphics brand design logos collection packaging design graphic letter typography motion graphic interior
today’s interior beautiful home guide BEAUTIFUL home interior> kitchen model bathroom model dining room model bedroom model living room model children’s room home office model dressing room model exterior design furniture PRODUCTS> chair model sofa, sofa bed chair model, dining table and cabinet model, coffee table, door model, bookshelf, interior decoration, ceiling model, lighting, stairs model bed, cabinet, architectural sanitary equipment
world architecture vietnam architecture photography
world photography vietnamese photography art photography techniques
contemporary art world art vietnamese art contest
A’ Design award logo design contest graphic design contest interior architecture contest fashion design contest photo contest character design award
character and career young talent eventso.o.designs
wiki.designs.vn design jobs where to learn design soft skills introduce designs.vn
What is logo?
Friday, August 30, 2013
What is logo? Logo is not only a representative image of a company or an organization, but it is also a message that its owner wants to send to the community.
What is logo?
According to the definition of Vietnamese law, “brand symbol (logo) is a graphic element, symbol, or symbol (icon) of a brand or mark and associated with its typeface, i.e. set in a unique typeface or arranged in a particular manner. separate. A typical brand logo designed to create immediate recognition in the eyes of the viewer. A brand symbol is one aspect of a company or economic organization’s brand, and the shapes, colors, fonts and images often differ from others in a similar market. Symbols may be used to identify organizations or other entities in contexts other than economic purposes.” So, in short: A logo is a visual product consisting of an image or text, or a combination of both images and text, to help identify a brand.
Image part in the logo: Symbols that represent products or the characteristics or personality of the product/brand. The requirement of these images is to be recognizable, easy to remember and impress the viewers. Sometimes, for the sake of simplicity, people just need to use the icon image, not at all logo to put up the products. For example, the crocodile image is embroidered on the shirt of the lacoste brand, or the image of two cows on the bottle of the redbull brand.
The image of a bull in logo by Red Bull.
Crocodile image in logo by Lacoste.
The text on the logo: Letters above logo they are often stylized brand names. If combined with images, the text on the logo needs to use an appropriate format to, together with the image, create a recognizable sign suitable for the business. Many businesses choose to use only text for their logos.
Logo of the Go-Green organization.
Logo of the Ebay website under its own name.
Logo of the Amazon website
When designing a logo, graphic professionals will try to present the maximum value of the company in terms of images. When designers find an image idea that suits their needs, they will coordinate fonts, colors, sizes, and arrange images so that they can convey all your intentions to the client. Some images require softness, while others require strength. For example, logo Children’s products are more effective if designed with gentle colors and lines rather than strong angles.
Pampers diaper logo for children with soft lettering.
Why is it necessary to design a logo?
For a business, logo design is a very necessary and important job, but they have not been focused on it. Here are some reasons for designing your logo:
– The most important reason of logo design is Make your customers remember your company. Whatever the case, when you start a business, the only thing that can feed your company is your customers. In order for customers to remember it, it is necessary to have a logo – the face of the company. With an easy-to-remember face, your company’s products and services will surely be well received and remembered by customers when needed. That task belongs to the designers.
– The second reason, when many people know your company through logo impressed you will Easier in sales, advantages in business, increased revenue… Many people know the logo is an advantage. And in fact, when the company has an easy-to-remember, impressive logo, it will certainly be more popular with people and the whole society…
Logo Simple but full of sophistication of Apple.
Logo of the world famous coffee company Starbucks.
Logo by Vaio computer company.
Logo from Toyota
– Third, when there is a logo the value of your company will also be upgraded. Because a professional company needs to show professionalism through its logo. Logo must be designed so that customers feel reliable, professional and attentive. Winning the trust of customers is something that any business or company tries its best. Once you have credibility, your company will have a higher position. Therefore, it is necessary to have a logo through which to show all the best of your company.
Your employees will be prouder when the company they work for has a beautiful logo. The company can make a badge with the company’s logo and wear it every time they go to work. This is really helpful to create excitement for employees when working. Moreover, if customers come to your company, in terms of appearance, your company has earned points in their hearts through professionalism and uniformity.
Logos also increase your company’s competitive advantage. Customers are more likely to choose a company with an impressive logo than a sloppy logo that does not show professionalism and credibility.
– One more thing, logo design express the vision of the business and the strength of the brand. As we said above. Logo must create professionalism so that customers can “choose the side to send gold”. Attracting many customers through the logo is not easy.
You are viewing: What is a Logo?
See also: What is Entity Framework – Entity Framework Series
See also: What is Cancer – What is Carcinoma?
Therefore, the company’s logo must show the company’s strategic vision for customers to believe. Doing that can create strength for the company.
Above are some of the most typical reasons for designing your logo. If your company doesn’t already have a quality logo, what else do you do without embarking on a logo design to achieve all of the above? Good luck!
The basic features of the Logo
According to Al Ries and Laura Ries (1998), Alycia Perry (2003), as well as some other branding experts, a brand’s logo often has to meet certain requirements.
– Different: there are special signs that make a strong visual impression and are easy to distinguish. This is an important function of logo, which helps to differentiate a brand or product from competing brands or products. Differentiation also makes the brand easier to get into the mind of the customer. To make a difference, designers may often avoid basic, heavily used shapes. High distinctiveness also increases the likelihood of legal protection.
– Simple, easy to remember: make it easy to accept, easy to deduce. In a few tens of seconds of observation, viewers can re-imagine the symbolic lines in memory. In the context of many competing products being promoted on the mass media, logo of a brand will not be known to customers if it is complex and difficult to remember, whether in names, symbols or letters. Most of the world famous brands use very simple brand signs. Italian shoe company Modini uses the letter M, Kodak uses a stylized K, McDonald’s uses a yellow gate-shaped M, Nike uses a spread, IBM uses a stylized brand name. Most of these brand signs use only one or two primary colors such as Kodak yellow, McDonald’s, IBM blue, or Coca Cola red.
In addition, unlike the brand’s name, the logo can be changed over time to better suit the times. So, logo should be simply designed to be easily reproduced accurately on different printing materials, in signs, banners, etc.
– Easy to adapt: be adaptable in markets of different regions, cultures or languages. In fact, customers in different countries, cultures and languages often have different interpretations of images or symbols. Therefore, international trade logos rarely use images that carry existing meanings in a culture or language, but use new images and associate them with product associations.
– Meaningful: represent features for products or related topics. The fact that these logo Having a sense of self about the product often doesn’t make a difference. Moreover, today’s products are often so complex that meaningful names or images are difficult to distinguish, easy to remember and ensure symbolic. So in practice this meaning is often created through brand associations rather than the brand itself.
– Shape: Some logo designers value simple, easy-to-read shapes because complex logos are often difficult to discern. Symbols can be combined with brand names. Quite a lot of businesses choose a special symbol combined with the brand name to form logo. Once the brand has become well known, the sign can stand alone to create brand awareness. Examples of brands where the symbol itself may stand alone represent the brand, such as Nike, Adidas or Mercedes.
Another way to create an impression is to use the unique typeface of the brand name. This is a form of stylization of a brand name using a specific typeface including the use of fonts, uppercase and lowercase letters, changing the weight or stylized writing. When designing logo In this way, businesses can use the distinctive design of the full or abbreviated brand name.
– ColorColor: Color also tends to be simple, easily noticed and remembered. Designers may prefer to paint in white and black before coloring. Designer logo You can choose colors that are compatible with the philosophy of yin and yang, the five elements…
Statistics of business logos by color
The following table can help you find feng shui element Main of the business:
Banking, Finance – Accounting, Technology, Government offices, Architecture…
School – Education, Flowers, Fashion, Tourism, Public…
Cleaning services, Recruitment, Beauty care, Medical – therapy…
Studio, Restaurant, Café, retail stores, Sports companies…
Construction, Restaurants – Hotels, Real Estate, Companies related to Agriculture…
In Feng Shui, the Metal group includes light, white and iridescent colors; Wood group includes blue, green; Water group includes dark blue, black; Fire group has red and purple colors; The Tho group includes brown, yellow, orange…
You can see a full article on How to choose a suitable feng shui logo color at the link below.
Logo It is considered an effective marketing tool. Sometimes young children even recognize familiar logos, before they can say a complete sentence. An eye-catching logo design will help you stand out in your niche, even across the market. Wish you create successful logos. Please share your beautiful logos on fanpage Designs.vn.