Group of traffic signs on foreign roads according to GMS agreement. This is a new group of signs appearing in the last few years. This group of seas was built under the Agreement on Facilitation of the Transport of People and Goods across the borders of the Greater Mekong Sub-region.
Currently, when participating in traffic on the road, many of us see some types of traffic signs that have a different form and content from the 6 types of traffic signs so far in Vietnam, even more signs appeared for the first time. It is a system of signs used on foreign roads (referred to as ).GMS . Agreement) to which Vietnam was one of the first countries to join in 1999. The installation of sign systems on foreign roads helps foreigners in general, and citizens of countries participating in the GMS Agreement, said It is only possible to recognize the signs on the roads in Vietnam to control the means of traffic conveniently, safely and quickly (this is also meaningful and effective for road users who are pedestrians). Vietnam).
You are watching: What is the Foreign Route
We would like information about the types of signs used on foreign roads according to the GMS Agreement QCVN 41:2016/BGTVT compiled by the Directorate for Roads of Vietnam, appraised by the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Minister. The Ministry of Transport issued Circular No. 06/2016/TT-BGTVT dated April 8, 2016 as follows:
Command signs are effective in the area
In order for a ban, restriction or directive to take effect for all roads in an area (valid for the whole area), a sign “Starting into the area” must be posted (plate number RE,9a;
RE,9b; RE,9c; RE,9d). The word ZONE is indicated above and details of the prohibition, restriction or indication are shown below:
– To prohibit parking in the area, must put up the sign RE,9a “No parking in the area”;
– To prohibit hourly parking in the area, the sign RE,9b must be posted “Prohibit hourly parking in the area”;
– To specify the parking area, the sign RE,9c “Parking area” must be posted;
– To regulate the maximum speed limit in the area, the sign RE,9d “Limited maximum speed in the area” must be posted.
Figure D.21-Sign of “Start of Area”
2. The sea is no longer valid for the area
In order to give instructions to leave an area with a ban, restriction or instruction in effect in an area, a sign “Out of the area” must be posted (plate number RE,10a; RE,10b; RE,10c; RE,10d )
– To signal the end of the parking ban in the area, the signboard RE,10a must be posted “No parking in the area”;
– In order to signal the end of the hourly parking ban in the area, the signboard RE,10b must be posted “The hourly parking ban in the area” must be posted;
– To specify the end of the parking area, the sign RE,10c “End of parking area” is required;
– In order to end the maximum speed limit in the area, the sign RE,10d “End of the maximum speed limit in the area”.
Figure D.22-Sign of “Out of Area”
3. Signaling the presence of an underpass and the end of the tunnel (signs RE,11a; RE,11b according to GMS)
a) To indicate the passage through the tunnel where separate traffic regulations are applied, the sign RE,11a “Tunnel” must be posted.
b) To guide the end of the passage through the tunnel, the separate traffic regulations no longer apply, the sign RE,11b “End of the tunnel” must be posted.
Figure D.23-Underground signal sign
4. Signboard “Starting point of walking path”:
Number plate I.423c “Starting point of the footpath” (sign F,9 according to GMS Agreement)
In order to show pedestrians and drivers where the pedestrian crossing begins, the license plate I.423c “Starting point of the pedestrian path” must be placed. This sign is not used for pedestrian crossings.
Figure E.23b-Number plate I.423c
5. On foreign routes and routes with many foreigners traveling, in order to indicate the imminent arrival of the camping site, the caravan gathering place, the number plate I.433b “Camping place” must be placed. No. I.433c “Place for caravans” or plate number I.433d “Camping places and caravans”.
Figure E.35b-Signs of campsites, caravans
Number plate I.433e – Youth Hostel sign
On foreign routes and routes with a lot of foreigners traveling, in order to indicate where the boarding house is near, the number plate I.433e “Inn” must be placed.
Figure E.35c-Number plate I.433e
Plate number I.434a “Bus station”
To indicate where to park the bus for passengers to get on and off, the number plate I.434a “Bus station” must be placed. The number plate I.434a is arranged in combination with an auxiliary plate to indicate information about route number, route name, starting point, end point and bus route route. Additional signs can be arranged adjacent to the number plate I.434a or in the pick-up and drop-off area.
In case the bus stop is not a bus station according to current regulations, the word “Bus stop” on the signboard should be replaced with the word “Bus stop”.
In case the parking lot is used to pick up and drop off passengers on a fixed route, the word “Bus stop” should be changed to the word “Fixed line pick-up point” and remove the word “BUS STOP” on the signboard.
Figure E.36 – Number plate I.434a
6. Signposts to the camping site, to the inn:
To indicate the distance from the place where the campsite, where the inn is located; including 2 signs: G,7: Camping site and G,8: Inn location.
7. Signage indicating the location
In order to guide pedestrians in the direction of important places, the main types of place-distinguishing signs include:
– The train station (plate number I.444a) put a sign in front of the intersection, only facing the train station;
– Airport sign (plate number I.444b) placed in front of the intersection with the road to the airport;
– Parking sign (plate number I.444c) placed in front of the intersection with the road to the parking lot;
– The sign of the long-distance bus station (plate number I.444d) is placed in front of the intersection with the road to the long-distance bus station;
– Signboard for emergency station (plate number I.444e) placed at the intersection with the road to the hospital and the emergency station;
– The passenger wharf sign (plate number I.444f) is placed in front of the intersection with the entrance to the passenger wharf;
– Signage of scenic and tourist areas (plate number I.444g) is placed in front of the intersection with the road to the scenic and tourist area;
– Signboard of petrol station (plate number I.444h) placed in front of the intersection with the road to the petrol station;
– Signage of car wash station (plate number I.444i) placed in front of the intersection with the road to the car wash service station;
– Ferry terminal signboard (plate number I.444j) is placed in front of the intersection with the road to the ferry terminal;
– Signboards of subway stations (plate number I.444k) placed at the intersection with the entrance to the subway station;
– Signage of service area for pedestrians (plate number I.444l) placed in front of the intersection with the road to the roadside station;
– Vehicle repair station sign (plate I.444m) is placed in front of the intersection with the road to the car repair station in the service area.
8. Signage indicating the distance to the camping site, to the inn (signs G,7; G,8 according to GMS)
For directions to the campsite or inn, the number plates SG,7 “Camping site” or SG,8 “Inn location” must be posted.
Figure F.13-Signpost to the camping site, to the inn
9. Directions to the parking spot for drivers who want to use public transport (signs G,9b according to GMS)
To indicate to the parking place for vehicles with drivers who want to use public transport, license plates SG,9b must be placed.
Figure F.14-Number plate SG,9b
10. Signage indicating the number of lanes and direction for each lane (signs SG,11a; G,11c according to GMS agreement)
In order to notify the driver of the number of lanes and the direction of each lane, the license plate SG,11a must be attached; SG,11c; These signs must have an arrow number equal to the number of lanes traveling in the same direction and must indicate the number of lanes of the oncoming direction.
See also: What’s Mixed?
Figure F.15-Signal indicating the number of lanes and directions for each lane
11. Signage for non-traffic lanes (signs G,12a, G,12b under the GMS agreement)
In order to instruct drivers in the non-traffic lane, signboards SG,12a must be posted; SG,12b.
Figure F.16-No-traffic lane signboard
12. Additional sign “Exception” (sign H,6 according to GMS agreement)
To indicate the cases where the prohibition or restriction sign is considered not to apply specifically to a certain group of traffic participants, the SH,6 sign must be posted and showing that group of objects together with the phrase “Except – Exception”.
Figure F.17-Number plate SH,6
13. Signaling in front of a construction site
a) To notify road users that there is a construction, repair or upgrade site ahead, the number plate I.441 (a, b, c) “Signaling a construction site ahead” is required. .
b) The number plate I.441 (a, b, c) is placed at the two ends of the construction section and 500 m, 100 m and 50 m from the two ends, in front of the number plate I.440.
c) Together with the number plate I.441 (a,b,c) must be attached with the number plate W.227. When necessary, the plate P.127 “Permitted maximum speed” and the number plate P.134 “End of maximum speed restriction” can be placed at the end of the construction road.
14. Road signposts:
To indicate road names for foreign routes, use plate number I.449 “Road name plate”.
The sea I.449 has a dark blue background, white text.
Figure E.59-Variable I.449
This is a common symbol for trans-Asian traffic (roads with this sign system installed, allowing vehicles carrying control plates of countries participating in the GMS Agreement will be allowed to circulate). The “AH” written on traffic signs stands for Asian Highway. According to the guidance of the Road Administration of Vietnam, the foreign roads in Vietnam include: AH1, AH13, AH14, AH15, AH16, AH17, AH131, AH132.
15. Vehicle load test station
License plate IE.463 indicates the distance to the vehicle load test station (Figure 22), including: license plate IE.463a indicating the distance to the vehicle load test station; Number plate IE.463b indicating the direction to turn to the place where the vehicle load test station is located; license plate IE.463c indicating the entrance to the vehicle load test station. License plate IE.463c indicates the entrance to the vehicle load test station located at the intersection between the expressway and the road to the vehicle load test station. Details of the signposts to the vehicle load testing station are specified in Appendix P (section P.15) of this Regulation.
Figure 22 – License plate IE.463 indicating the vehicle load test station
16. Lane merge
License plate IE.467a indicates the position of lane entry, which is used to instruct vehicle drivers to know in advance that the lane entry position is coming (Figure 26a). The license plate IE.467a is used in conjunction with the sign indicating the distance to the lane entry position (License plate IE.467b), shown in Figure 26b. The sign indicating the lane entry position is placed on the side of the road near the intersection at the lane entry point. Details of signposts for entering lanes are specified in Appendix P (section P.19) of this Regulation.
Figure 26 – Number plate IE.467 indicating the position to enter the lane
16. Emergency phone numbers
License plate IE.470 uses white letters on a green background, providing emergency phone numbers for drivers of vehicles in case of emergencies, incidents, accidents on highways ( Figure 29). This sign is installed on the roadside. Details of signs indicating emergency phone numbers are specified in Appendix P (section P.22) of this Regulation.
Figure 29 – Number plate IE.470 showing emergency phone numbers
17. Keep a safe driving distance
License plate IE.471 uses black lettering on a fluorescent yellow background with a black border (Figure 30). This sign notifies vehicle drivers to keep a safe driving distance when traveling on highways. Detailed regulations on signposts to keep a safe driving distance are presented in Appendix P (section P.23) of this Regulation.
Figure 30 – License plate IE.471 instructing to keep a safe driving distance
Figure 31 – Number plate IE.472 indicating the distance to the toll booth
18. Toll booth
The license plate IE.472 uses white letters on a green background, is placed at an appropriate distance from the tollgate to notify the driver of the vehicle in advance to prepare to arrive at the toll booth (Figure 31). . This sign is installed on the side of the road or on a frame rack. Details of tollgate signboards and other signs related to tollgates are specified in Appendix P (section P.24) of this Regulation.
19. Slow down
License plate IE.473 warns vehicle drivers to pay attention to driving and reduce speed in areas at risk of traffic unsafety (Figure 32). This sign uses black letters on a fluorescent yellow background, and is placed at locations where it is necessary to slow down, such as entering dangerous curves or approaching toll stations, vehicle load inspection stations. , rest stops, foggy areas, …. Usually, this sign is installed on the side of the road in an easily visible position or on a frame rack. Details of signposts to reduce speed are specified in Appendix P (section P.25) of this Regulation.
See also: What is Prepress – What is Prepress?
Figure 32 – License plate IE.473 indicating speed reduction
20. Expressway exit
The number plate IE.474 uses white lettering on a green background, indicating the exit to the expressway, and is placed on the side of the road or on a frame rack at the position in front of the highway exit (Figure 33). Details of expressway exit signs are specified in Appendix P (section P.26) of this Regulation.
Figure 33 – Number plate IE.474 indicating the exit
In addition, in the Vietnamese signboard system, there are a number of types of signs that are adjusted in terms of content (adding words in English) in the content of the signs to facilitate foreigners participating in traffic on the routes. external route under the GMS Agreement. For example: